Just a quick post to let everyone know what my goal is for the Skinny Raven Half Marathon tomorrow, which is part of the Big Wild Life Runs.
Pretty much my only goal: set a new PR!
My current PR was set at the first half-marathon I ever ran in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
Time ~ 1:36.03
I ran this half-marathon on a whim and signed up for it 6 days prior! I had some mileage under my belt, but I had not run more than 12 miles.
However, what helped was that the course was flat and the crowds were abundant and loud—just the way I like them! 🙂
Two years ago I ran the Skinny Raven Half-Marathon in 1:36.36. I was SO close to breaking my PR!
I am surprised I did that well considering, I:
- had only been doing long runs of 10 miles, (I only knew this after looking it up in my training log book.)
- I did not fuel during the race, and
- I crashed at mile 12—probably because I went too fast, I did not fuel, and I didn’t have enough mileage under my belt.
So, I am feeling pretty confident this time around because I:
- have a 14-miler and 15-miler under my belt,
- my runs have been going well lately,
- I really tapered this past week and have not run at all the past two days, and
- I am going to take in fuel this time around during the race. 🙂
I am not worried about the weather. You really can’t ask for better racing weather this time of year—at least in terms of the temperature.
There is a chance of rain, but it honestly it doesn’t worry me very much because it usually is so light—it rarely falls harder than just a sprinkle (think Pacific NW rain).
Other than that, I’ve got to finish laying my things laid out, and I am going to put my feet up and relax the rest of the evening!
I’ll be back with a recap as soon as I am able! 🙂