As I was driving home last night, I was surveying the roads to see what the running conditions would be like in the morning. As I sat there freezing cold in my car, looking out onto the icy roads, I though, “I have no desire to run in these conditions tomorrow morning. I’m going to the gym!”
This is breaking news people. I HATE running indoors, but I am getting sick and tired of all this snow that has been falling, so it was time to make amends with the dreadmill. . . .I mean treadmill. 😉
Of course the time passed by slower than it would outdoors. Why is this? But I did my best to distract myself with the TVs at the gym and changing the speed every once in a while.
Distance: 7 miles
Time: 58 miles
Notes: Overall I felt okay—nothing great though. It was just nice to be able to run about an 8:00 minute mile pace rather than 10:00 outdoors!
As I was sitting in class this weekend, (I am taking two classes this semester in order to renew my Alaska state teaching license.) a lady started clipping her fingernails, which immediately made me cringe.
Then two ladies behind me started talking while the professor was lecturing, which also drives me crazy! (Can you say teacher?)
So this got to thinking about some of my other pet peeves:
Things that drive me crazy!
– not returning something back to where you found it
– flaky friends
– people not washing their hands after using the bathroom
– the toilet seat not being set back down
– bad drivers (but then again who isn’t peeved by this!)
– spitting (It kind of grosses me out.)
– someone not apologizing if they bump into you
– people smacking their gum or chewing with their mouth open (ick!)
What is a pet peeve of yours?